Skip to main content

Friday - Day 21

Today is officially the last day of the Purification although there will be still supplements left that I will continue to take until they’re gone. I will also continue watching the problem foods like gluten and sugar (even though most of my sugar has been come from local honey, unsulfured blackstrap molasses and pure maple syrup). Do I think I failed because I added a couple of my important foods back this week? For me the answer is no, but I’ll go into it more on my closing blog tomorrow.

Weighed in this morning. 157.6# That is approximately a 4.5# weight loss in 3-weeks. I’m OK with that.

Smoothie: 2T SP Pro Complete, 2T SP Whey Pro Complete, 1 cup Califia coconut milk, 3T shredded unsweetened coconut, 1 banana.

Breakfast: 1 soft boiled farm fresh egg (before starting the purification are used to have two a day). Cooked green string beans with Italian butter.

Take green string beans. While we think of them as a vegetable, I guess they’re considered part of the legume family. I didn’t see them on the vegetable list but did have them weekly. Why? Because it’s green beans season and Farmers Market will soon not have them.  Green beans contains folate, calcium, phosphorus, thiamin, riboflavin, iron, magnesium, and potassium. They also have a high amount of chlorophyll.

Since today I’m home and I can cook at my leisure, I took out some homemade beef bone broth. It’s actually funny because the bones that I bought last Saturday at Farmers Market had hardly no meat and I let them simmer in the slow cooker for almost 36 hours. By the time it cooled and I was ready to strain and pour into jars, it was really thick. When I took the jar out today and removed the top layer of fat, I realized that the collagen gel was so thick that I could use this jar of beef bone broth as butter!

So I sautéed a half of a small red onion, chopped, 2 cups of chopped shiitake mushrooms and two chopped carrots. I then added only one of the two beef bone broth jars (these were large ghee jars), and pulled out another from the freezer that was a thinner stock. Even then I need to add some water as it was a pretty concentrated bone broth. When it came to a boil I added 1/2 cup per person of pre-cooked quinoa. Before serving, I sprinkled 1/4 cup of chopped parsley on to each bowl. The fresh parsley was a good finish. Delicious.


Celebratory Supper: 4 oz Wisconsin salmon. While farmed, our seafood store, Robert’s, is very particular about the sustainability of farmed fish. Here in the Midwest most wild, or deep sea fish, runs $25 per pound upward. Good salmon, typically is $17 per pound upward, farmed or wild. Cooked slowly in my cast iron skillet, I layed it upon A thin layer of olive oil, and then topped the salmon with freshly crushed garlic and thyme from my garden. Served with broccoli.


Tomorrow I will write up a takeaway and the next steps. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday - Day 20

Such a lovely day with a good break from the normal work day. Hope to make this a really short posting this evening as it’s now 8:50 PM. Haha. Can’t speak in 100 words or less, what makes me think that I will be able to blog in 100 words or less. There is that old saying about being a slave to your home. In our case it is being a slave to the kitchen! There are days when it is just busy in a good way and decisions need to be made in order to let everything unfold smoothly. So this morning, after exercise, Standard  Process supplements and smoothie, it was time for breakfast. We actually had a little extra time as we did not need to make lunch. Bill‘s nephew was in town so we were going to take an extended lunch this afternoon and go out. Smoothie: 2T SP Pro Complete, 2T Whey Pro Complete, 1 cup Califia coconut milk, peach, 1T hemp hearts, fresh basil leaves. So I cooked up a couple of small sweet potatoes and steamed some green beans for breakfast added some Italian butter for the fat.

Monday - Day 17

While the morning went smooth, it was that kind of Monday where a person doesn’t seem to have time to breathe, let alone eat! My smoothie today was simple: 2T SP Pro Complete, Califia coconut milk, 1/4 mango, small knob ginger and a peach. For breakfast I steamed brussel sprouts and poached a piece of Lake Michigan lake trout. I cut it into 3 slices about 3oz each. Bill and I both had it with the sprouts. The other 3rd will be for the morning while Bill has eggs. Lunch was a salad with tatsoi, some cucumber, orange cherry tomato, a tablespoon of chopped fresh dates and a 1/4 cup of pulled chicken I roasted yesterday. I tried something different and roasted it with Indian spices rubbed into it. Also had a cup of Halwa soup, which wasn’t originally supposed to be soup at all. Halwa Is an Indian dessert also known as carrot pudding. However it did not thicken as I did not use milk or sugar. Instead I used coconut milk, the drinking kind, and no sugar. It’s still tasted really good so I us

Standard Process Purification: The Takeaway

Saturday, September 4, 2021 Me this morning. Three weeks have passed since beginning the Standard Process Purification cleanse. Questions such as “How do I feel?”, “What do I notice?”, “Was it worth it?”, “Would I do it again?” and "Moving forward" are all questions to be reflected upon.  I don’t know about you, but many generations just lived, ate seasonally, and didn’t pay much attention to the catchall words that we have today such as “organic” and “sustainable eating.” They already were!!!! Farmers worked hard, still do. Today our society has changed and many of us are stuck behind desks and are on the run so much that the food we eat and unhealthy habits we have formed have been problematic to our overall health, posture, spinal health, obesity, amongst others. There is more disease than ever before in this country, much which has been our own doing, but even more so, the culture and environmental factors around us contribute to dis-ease and our unnecessary stressful liv