Skip to main content

Thursday - Day 20

Such a lovely day with a good break from the normal work day. Hope to make this a really short posting this evening as it’s now 8:50 PM. Haha. Can’t speak in 100 words or less, what makes me think that I will be able to blog in 100 words or less.

There is that old saying about being a slave to your home. In our case it is being a slave to the kitchen!

There are days when it is just busy in a good way and decisions need to be made in order to let everything unfold smoothly. So this morning, after exercise, Standard  Process supplements and smoothie, it was time for breakfast. We actually had a little extra time as we did not need to make lunch. Bill‘s nephew was in town so we were going to take an extended lunch this afternoon and go out.

Smoothie: 2T SP Pro Complete, 2T Whey Pro Complete, 1 cup Califia coconut milk, peach, 1T hemp hearts, fresh basil leaves.

So I cooked up a couple of small sweet potatoes and steamed some green beans for breakfast added some Italian butter for the fat. Bill was going to have a soft boiled egg and I just caved and had one too. I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed it. It was creamy like custard, the yolks almost as orange as the sweet potato. These eggs comes straight from the farm. I wonder if when some of these guidelines are made for not consuming milk and eggs during the 21 days, I wonder if they just figure the most people don’t normally get fresh eggs straight from the nest, and drink milk straight from the cow without any processing.

Here are some known facts about eggs that come straight from the nest. Eggs that have never sat around or go to the supermarket, and are sustainably raised on family farms:  These eggs have twice as much omega-3s, three times as much vitamin E, seven times more beta carotene from vitamin A, 50% more folic acid, a quarter less of saturated fat, a third less cholesterol, six times the vitamin D, significantly more B vitamins and significantly more antioxidants, Lutein and Zeaxanthin than store bought eggs!!!

We met my husband‘s nephew for lunch at Limestreet Cafe, which is actually across the street from our townhome. They had some really great specials, but I stuck to my Purification challenge and had Mediterranean lentil soup. I really need this recipe, because this was some really good lentil soup.

The rest of the afternoon when we returned to work just flew. I realized I had no need of a snack this morning, nor the snack in the afternoon. After arriving home a little after 5:30 PM it was time to consider something really quick to fix as I had a camera club outing at 6:15 PM. There was chicken bone broth in the refrigerator that I had made Tuesday from the chicken I roasted on Sunday. No spices were necessary as it had the residue of the Indian spices that I had season the chicken with. I heated it up, added a bag of riced cauliflower, and a scoop of collagen powder with peptides. It was delightful, quick and easy, and thoroughly nutritious.

After arriving back from my camera club outing I had a warmed cup of raw milk and nutmeg.

Tomorrow is day 21 and I have to say I’m thrilled. Yes these past few days I have allowed myself the milk, and today and egg, transition back to my diet. Do I feel like I have failed? No not at all. These two foods are living organisms, not processed and it beat going to the grocery store again just for a couple of days. I actually feel I have been very successful. Now it’s time to close the blog and say good night. See you tomorrow.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday - Day 17

While the morning went smooth, it was that kind of Monday where a person doesn’t seem to have time to breathe, let alone eat! My smoothie today was simple: 2T SP Pro Complete, Califia coconut milk, 1/4 mango, small knob ginger and a peach. For breakfast I steamed brussel sprouts and poached a piece of Lake Michigan lake trout. I cut it into 3 slices about 3oz each. Bill and I both had it with the sprouts. The other 3rd will be for the morning while Bill has eggs. Lunch was a salad with tatsoi, some cucumber, orange cherry tomato, a tablespoon of chopped fresh dates and a 1/4 cup of pulled chicken I roasted yesterday. I tried something different and roasted it with Indian spices rubbed into it. Also had a cup of Halwa soup, which wasn’t originally supposed to be soup at all. Halwa Is an Indian dessert also known as carrot pudding. However it did not thicken as I did not use milk or sugar. Instead I used coconut milk, the drinking kind, and no sugar. It’s still tasted really good so I us

Standard Process Purification: The Takeaway

Saturday, September 4, 2021 Me this morning. Three weeks have passed since beginning the Standard Process Purification cleanse. Questions such as “How do I feel?”, “What do I notice?”, “Was it worth it?”, “Would I do it again?” and "Moving forward" are all questions to be reflected upon.  I don’t know about you, but many generations just lived, ate seasonally, and didn’t pay much attention to the catchall words that we have today such as “organic” and “sustainable eating.” They already were!!!! Farmers worked hard, still do. Today our society has changed and many of us are stuck behind desks and are on the run so much that the food we eat and unhealthy habits we have formed have been problematic to our overall health, posture, spinal health, obesity, amongst others. There is more disease than ever before in this country, much which has been our own doing, but even more so, the culture and environmental factors around us contribute to dis-ease and our unnecessary stressful liv