Skip to main content

Friday - Day 14

 Today has been a really good day!  

Every breath we draw is a gift of God's love; every moment of existence is a grace. ~Thomas Merton

Slept in this morning, and arose feeling rested. Decided to do a weigh in. 158. It felt good to see it under 160.  As I said on Day 1 - I don't want to lose a truckload of weight.  It is not healthy to lose alot of weight in such a short period of time.  Not only do you lose it from your fat reserves, and even muscle if not exercising, but also from your bones, especially if nutrients are not kept in check!

So I took my Standard Process supplements, scanned the refrigerator, made a smoothie and we went for a 2.5 mile walk.  The walk was a bit tiring as the dew point at 8 a.m. had bordered at 70°F, and dew point readings above 70°F are oppressive and even dangerous.

Anyway, back to the smoothie.  Since the amount of  food in the house was at the minimum (today & tomorrow shopping days), I made a smoothie (served in my New Glarus, Wisconsin glass) finishing up what was in the house using 2T SP Pro Complete, 1 cup SO Coconut milk, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 peach and a tsp of cardamom.

Cardamom is an antioxidant and has some diuretic properties, is anti-inflammatory,  is good for digestion, may help increase airflow to your lungs and improve breathing, in powder form (which it was), may lower blood sugar and may decrease elevated liver enzymes, triglyceride and cholesterol levels.  And it tastes awesome!

After we arrived home from our walk, I microwaved sweet potatoes and had it has a snack with Kerry Gold butter.

Lunch was actually very simple. Steamed cauliflower, and then mashed it with coconut milk and a little butter. Reheated 3 oz of the Sockeye Salmon we didn't eat last night and placed it on top. It was very filling. 

Cauliflower is one vegetable I don't eat enough of and I don't know why.  It also is an antioxidant, encourages digestion, stimulates circulation, is high in fiber, low in calories, great for the heart, and it’s naturally low on the glycemic index. It is high in folate, iron and calcium! And there are so many ways to fix it.

I really like cauliflower and need to make the commitment to eat more of it!

After going for groceries and replenishing my coconut milk - this time Califia brand (have one more week before I put my raw milk back into my diet) - it was time to relax.  It was such a delightful day which I finished up with a bison stir-fry.

Bison is allowed on the reintroductions of animal proteins to the 21- Purification. Greensbury Farms lists the five biggest health benefits to eating bison.  Now at $15 for 12oz, that is quite pricey, but the key is to eat only 3oz servings which is an ample amount of protein.

I sautéed red onions, shitake mushrooms, a large tomato, some mini purple peppers and added yellow summer squash, adding a small amount of thyme.


This is the Greensbury list for Bison:

1) Better Heart Health:  In April 2013, a Nutrition Research Study showed eating bison instead of beef lowers artery-blocking triglyceride levels. Bison even has lower cholesterol levels than chicken leaving your heart pumping easier!

2) Gain Essential Vitamins and Minerals: With just 1 bison patty you’ll get at least 30% of your daily values for mood enhancing Vitamin B12 (34%), the powerful antioxidant Selenium (30%), and immune system boosting zinc (32%).

3) More Conjugated Linoleic Acid to Fight Fat: CLAs are fat-blocking and cancer-fighting fatty acids, and bison is the protein with the highest known levels. CLAs help increase your metabolic rate while boosting your immune system and keeping your cholesterol in check.

4) Increased Levels of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3s help fight depression and anxiety, improve eye health, and reduce the risk of heart disease. While salmon is a well-known source of Omega-3s, bison actually packs the same amount.

5) Load Up With Proteins, Not Calories: Bison has just 12% of the fat found in beef while packing the same amount protein. The leanness of this protein gives it just 54% of the calories you’d get from the same 100g of beef without losing that red meat taste.

Thank you for following along!  Only one more week!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday - Day 17

While the morning went smooth, it was that kind of Monday where a person doesn’t seem to have time to breathe, let alone eat! My smoothie today was simple: 2T SP Pro Complete, Califia coconut milk, 1/4 mango, small knob ginger and a peach. For breakfast I steamed brussel sprouts and poached a piece of Lake Michigan lake trout. I cut it into 3 slices about 3oz each. Bill and I both had it with the sprouts. The other 3rd will be for the morning while Bill has eggs. Lunch was a salad with tatsoi, some cucumber, orange cherry tomato, a tablespoon of chopped fresh dates and a 1/4 cup of pulled chicken I roasted yesterday. I tried something different and roasted it with Indian spices rubbed into it. Also had a cup of Halwa soup, which wasn’t originally supposed to be soup at all. Halwa Is an Indian dessert also known as carrot pudding. However it did not thicken as I did not use milk or sugar. Instead I used coconut milk, the drinking kind, and no sugar. It’s still tasted really good so I us

Standard Process 21-Days - Day 1

Starting a 21-Day Purification using a Standard Process regime under guidance with my chiropractor. Yes, there are food restrictions for the first 10 days, and then days 11-21 are more relaxed, but a person can eat as many vegetables and fruits as they want, just keeping the ratio 2-1, vegetables and fruit.   Standard Process Food Guide   First an introduction about me since I haven't posted on this blogspace since 2014 when I started the Blogger through Google titled TimePeace. The purpose was to add musings and poetry. Then FaceBook came along with the "Notes." I deactivated the Blogger and started using "Notes" for my poetry, until last year when FaceBook pulled it down. Anyway, I decided to resurrect TimePeace and it will be used for the same purpose I started it for - poetry and other musings, as well as I am going to be adding for the next 21-Days my journey with the Standard Process Purification Program. I love photography , cook healthy and fine

Wednesday- Day 12

Another good night sleep, even though I do remember it storming, I was up once, and I had a very lucid dream before my 4:30 alarm.  Same routine just a different day. I made a double batch of smoothie with only the SP Complete (no need for the additional Whey Pro since I’m now eating fish). To the 2T SP Complete, I added a cup of coconut milk, fresh figs, 1/4 cup fresh dates (that I prepared last night - soaked and pitted) and a 1/4 cup of blueberries (this amount was for 1 smoothie). For breakfast I sautéed two large cloves of garlic, and fresh arugula from farmers market in my cast-iron skillet. This actually is part of a very common breakfast for us as we eat vegetables most mornings. I made enough for two, and Bill had his soft boiled eggs, and I reheated in the skillet the rest of the lake trout from yesterday. Lunch was an easy preparation. Chopped romaine lettuce, topped with seeded cucumber, peaches and chopped basil. The dressing was just extra-virgin olive oil. For lunches at