Skip to main content

Friday- Day 7

Posting a blog about this Purification is a way to hold myself accountable. Not beat myself up.

When I woke up I had so much energy! Slept in to 6 which is typical on a non-work Friday. Started my Friday routine and made this scrumptious smoothie using fresh figs I bought last night. I’d forgotten to buy the can of organic pumpkin, so I used a banana and I still have enough figs to make the pumpkin fig this weekend. It was simple:

2T SP Complete, 2T Whey Pro Complete, 6 small figs, 1 cold banana and 1 cup Califia Coconut milk.

Afterwards, had some roasted Brussel Sprouts and then went for a 2.75 mile walk. Could have walked more (will go out this evening), but I had a zoom book club gathering at 10. I felt really good (I did get on scale this morning and I’m down a pound).

Typically on Friday or Saturday we go down to the coffee shop in town. Last week on Day-1 I had a plain rooibos chai (no sugar, no caffeine), but since we were running late (it was 9:15), I suggested Bill drop me off home and run out for it and his coffee.   I didn't have my phone with me, and I didn't hear him when he called or texted because my phone was still in silent mode. He was trying to reaching me to let me know they were out of rooibos and if there was something else I wanted.  When I did see his text, I told him not to get me anything, but being the sweet man he is, he'd already crafted me a decaf chai. By the time he arrived home I was in my Zoom and brought it to me.  It was quite good, although I sensed the sweetness.  There was obviously milk, although I thought it had to be vanilla coconut milk by the taste.  Afterwards I asked what was in it, and he told me.  I commented to him that it was my "first cheat."  Bill feels bad, but neither of us should beat ourselves up over it. No crime committed and no one is going to call the SP Police!  I am grateful that he didn't want to come home empty handed.  

I remember the words from a Mary Oliver poem:

“You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.”

So by this time it was lunch.  Took out the least of the lentil soup, reheated it, and scooped out a cup.  I garnished it with chopped cilantro and shallots, and added a half of avocado.  Gave Bill the rest over wild rice. 


After lunch I did feel the typical afternoon "I want to take a nap." I chalk it up to always being in overdrive during the 4-day work days, and being on a totally different schedule on the weekend. Have a slight headache, which I've experienced on an off this past week.  Doesn't last long.  For the rest of the day I will stay in the moment, get some things done around the house, skype with my mom and son, and just be.  Will add the second smoothie later this afternoon, and have a simple supper of veggies, followed by another long walk which will include sitting by the pond reading.


Maybe not quite the “simple salad.” In my “needing-to-be-replaced food processor I chopped broccoli, cauliflower, celery, fresh ginger, parsley and red cabbage. I added raisins and sunflower seeds and tossed with olive oil and the juice of half a lime to it prior to serving.  I've enough chopped veggies to last a couple of days.  I do plan on chopping beets, carrots, ginger and cilantro tomorrow.  In the Purification guide it does say that eating a beet a day helps keep movements regular.  And beets are good.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday - Day 17

While the morning went smooth, it was that kind of Monday where a person doesn’t seem to have time to breathe, let alone eat! My smoothie today was simple: 2T SP Pro Complete, Califia coconut milk, 1/4 mango, small knob ginger and a peach. For breakfast I steamed brussel sprouts and poached a piece of Lake Michigan lake trout. I cut it into 3 slices about 3oz each. Bill and I both had it with the sprouts. The other 3rd will be for the morning while Bill has eggs. Lunch was a salad with tatsoi, some cucumber, orange cherry tomato, a tablespoon of chopped fresh dates and a 1/4 cup of pulled chicken I roasted yesterday. I tried something different and roasted it with Indian spices rubbed into it. Also had a cup of Halwa soup, which wasn’t originally supposed to be soup at all. Halwa Is an Indian dessert also known as carrot pudding. However it did not thicken as I did not use milk or sugar. Instead I used coconut milk, the drinking kind, and no sugar. It’s still tasted really good so I us

Standard Process 21-Days - Day 1

Starting a 21-Day Purification using a Standard Process regime under guidance with my chiropractor. Yes, there are food restrictions for the first 10 days, and then days 11-21 are more relaxed, but a person can eat as many vegetables and fruits as they want, just keeping the ratio 2-1, vegetables and fruit.   Standard Process Food Guide   First an introduction about me since I haven't posted on this blogspace since 2014 when I started the Blogger through Google titled TimePeace. The purpose was to add musings and poetry. Then FaceBook came along with the "Notes." I deactivated the Blogger and started using "Notes" for my poetry, until last year when FaceBook pulled it down. Anyway, I decided to resurrect TimePeace and it will be used for the same purpose I started it for - poetry and other musings, as well as I am going to be adding for the next 21-Days my journey with the Standard Process Purification Program. I love photography , cook healthy and fine

Wednesday- Day 12

Another good night sleep, even though I do remember it storming, I was up once, and I had a very lucid dream before my 4:30 alarm.  Same routine just a different day. I made a double batch of smoothie with only the SP Complete (no need for the additional Whey Pro since I’m now eating fish). To the 2T SP Complete, I added a cup of coconut milk, fresh figs, 1/4 cup fresh dates (that I prepared last night - soaked and pitted) and a 1/4 cup of blueberries (this amount was for 1 smoothie). For breakfast I sautéed two large cloves of garlic, and fresh arugula from farmers market in my cast-iron skillet. This actually is part of a very common breakfast for us as we eat vegetables most mornings. I made enough for two, and Bill had his soft boiled eggs, and I reheated in the skillet the rest of the lake trout from yesterday. Lunch was an easy preparation. Chopped romaine lettuce, topped with seeded cucumber, peaches and chopped basil. The dressing was just extra-virgin olive oil. For lunches at