Skip to main content

Wednesday- Day 5

YESTERDAY my back muscles were achy, either due to a change in the barometric pressure, or all the sitting I was doing while sorting and filing at work. Still achy this morning. Because my lumber has lordosis, posture is critical when sitting, but when you have piles of paper being sorted, and doing more reaching that one ought, sometimes the muscles get tight. Lordosis also gives your back the appearance of a swayback, since the spine has a curvature, which also pushes out the belly. A firm core is so crucial. It’s frustrating when you are doing the daily exercising yet feel or see minimal results.  Another motivation of reducing the belly fat which helps the posture and reduces lumbar pain.

When I went out to cut a sprig of lavender this morning I noticed the damp fog in the air. Barometric pressure rising.

I hate the feeling of “eat and run”, and I’m not liking the rushed feeling of this work week. Yes. Working only 4 days a week has its advantages, however, they are 4 LONG days. In order to fit in exercise, both on my mat and in the park, food prep and leisure, one has to be very intentional. Made it out of house and to the park by 7, with the goal of 2.5 miles and to be in work and clocked in by 8. Unfortunately we only made 2 miles, whiles temps remained at 70, it started feeling sultry as we clocked in 19 minute per mile. Will walk again at lunch and after work.

This morning I made a double batch of the shake, one for this morning and the other for work for before lunch. Left overs for breakfast (broccoli and sweet potatoes), although I’m not really hungry after drinking the shake. The SP Complete (which I picked up on Monday) is full of whole foods. In powder form, of course.

I bought lots of peaches at Farmers Market Saturday, I don’t buy them unless they’re in season. And they are at the top of the season now and Calhoun County peaches are so good. An peaches are very high in potassium.  "You need about 4,700 milligrams of potassium every day, and it's far better to get it from food than a supplement. One small peach has 247 milligrams of potassium, and one medium peach can give you as much as 285 milligrams of potassium." (web MD) I recall when I first started tracking food using the Cronometer app, I was shocked when it indicated that I needed that much potassium a day!  Potassium is very important to bone health. In a medium peach there is over 13% vitamin C, beta-carotene, fiber, over 85% water, vitamin E and even contain fluoride.

This morning’s (and mid-morning) smoothie is a mixture of 2T SP Complete, 2T Whey Pro Complete, hemp milk (Pacific Foods organic), peaches, blackberries and lavender flowers (this is a single batch). I’ve been putting my collagen peptides in it as well, but we’re running low and I’m waiting for my shipment which won’t be here until Monday (my order from Vitacost was damaged, most likely my Lakewood pure lemon juice bottles broke, as the shipment was returned from FedEx and Vitacost had to re-ship.)


Lunch packed is arugula, steamed, cold beets, apples, celery, and a drizzle raspberry balsamic vinegar.

Dinner will be left over lentil vegetable soup (from Monday) with avocado and cilantro.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday - Day 17

While the morning went smooth, it was that kind of Monday where a person doesn’t seem to have time to breathe, let alone eat! My smoothie today was simple: 2T SP Pro Complete, Califia coconut milk, 1/4 mango, small knob ginger and a peach. For breakfast I steamed brussel sprouts and poached a piece of Lake Michigan lake trout. I cut it into 3 slices about 3oz each. Bill and I both had it with the sprouts. The other 3rd will be for the morning while Bill has eggs. Lunch was a salad with tatsoi, some cucumber, orange cherry tomato, a tablespoon of chopped fresh dates and a 1/4 cup of pulled chicken I roasted yesterday. I tried something different and roasted it with Indian spices rubbed into it. Also had a cup of Halwa soup, which wasn’t originally supposed to be soup at all. Halwa Is an Indian dessert also known as carrot pudding. However it did not thicken as I did not use milk or sugar. Instead I used coconut milk, the drinking kind, and no sugar. It’s still tasted really good so I us

Standard Process 21-Days - Day 1

Starting a 21-Day Purification using a Standard Process regime under guidance with my chiropractor. Yes, there are food restrictions for the first 10 days, and then days 11-21 are more relaxed, but a person can eat as many vegetables and fruits as they want, just keeping the ratio 2-1, vegetables and fruit.   Standard Process Food Guide   First an introduction about me since I haven't posted on this blogspace since 2014 when I started the Blogger through Google titled TimePeace. The purpose was to add musings and poetry. Then FaceBook came along with the "Notes." I deactivated the Blogger and started using "Notes" for my poetry, until last year when FaceBook pulled it down. Anyway, I decided to resurrect TimePeace and it will be used for the same purpose I started it for - poetry and other musings, as well as I am going to be adding for the next 21-Days my journey with the Standard Process Purification Program. I love photography , cook healthy and fine

Wednesday- Day 12

Another good night sleep, even though I do remember it storming, I was up once, and I had a very lucid dream before my 4:30 alarm.  Same routine just a different day. I made a double batch of smoothie with only the SP Complete (no need for the additional Whey Pro since I’m now eating fish). To the 2T SP Complete, I added a cup of coconut milk, fresh figs, 1/4 cup fresh dates (that I prepared last night - soaked and pitted) and a 1/4 cup of blueberries (this amount was for 1 smoothie). For breakfast I sautéed two large cloves of garlic, and fresh arugula from farmers market in my cast-iron skillet. This actually is part of a very common breakfast for us as we eat vegetables most mornings. I made enough for two, and Bill had his soft boiled eggs, and I reheated in the skillet the rest of the lake trout from yesterday. Lunch was an easy preparation. Chopped romaine lettuce, topped with seeded cucumber, peaches and chopped basil. The dressing was just extra-virgin olive oil. For lunches at