Skip to main content

Monday - Day 10

“Monday, Monday” … “ just another manic Monday“, OH YES!!!

It took me quite awhile to fall asleep last night. Because we get up so early we try to be in bed by 9p most nights, 9:30p at the latest, especially when the alarm goes off at 4:30a. But for no known reason, falling asleep easily on a Sunday night has its challenges. I’ve read that “Sunday insomnia” is a real thing when a person still is in the workforce. We find that our bodies function differently during work days than when off for weekends. Temperature also plays a role. Even with AC, our upstairs bedroom does not cool enough to a comfortable temperature… and we just replaced our AC and furnace in July! Anyway, I would venture to say that it was closer to 11p, but I finally fell asleep (The best thing for me at night is a cup of warm raw milk with nutmeg, or Golden milk, an Indian preparation of ginger, turmeric and other spices in cow’s milk, but I can’t have that right now. I did drink 2T of organic tart cherry concentrate. Tart cherry has melatonin in it).  There is a correlation between getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night and maintaining a healthy weight, healing (of mind and body) along with daytime productivity, especially in older adults.

Even though some foods were prepped this weekend for the week, having two breakfasts prepared at same time, in the same space, is also more chaotic. We did not get out of the house until just a few minutes after 7a, so even our walk was cut short.

Once again I double batched  a smoothie to keep things simple. While I drank them both, I will never prepare them quite like that again. The combination was way too sharp. Each serving was equivalent to:

Breakfast:  2T SP Complete, 2T Whey Pro, 1 cup watercress, 1T fresh ginger, 1 cup frozen pineapple., 1 cup hemp milk.

I also had a microwaved sweet potato topped with a tablespoon of Kerry Gold butter and cardamom.

Lunch: beet/carrot/ginger salad over arugula. For protein I had a 1/2 cup of the leftover lentil Dahl.

Lunch salad and green smoothie 

Dinner had been mostly prepared yesterday. I roasted eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes and made a ratatouille. I had not gotten around to roast in the onions, so I sautéed them after arriving home from work and added the vegetables to fish. Bill‘s portion he added chicken, and I stirred in nutritional yeast in mine. I also finished up the okra and cabbage from Saturday nights dinner.

Ratatouille with nutritional yeast

I may add some nutritional information later, but the day was extremely tiring and I am ready to put this to sleep. So … good night and sleep tight 🛌 

 “Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food” ~Hippocrates 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday - Day 17

While the morning went smooth, it was that kind of Monday where a person doesn’t seem to have time to breathe, let alone eat! My smoothie today was simple: 2T SP Pro Complete, Califia coconut milk, 1/4 mango, small knob ginger and a peach. For breakfast I steamed brussel sprouts and poached a piece of Lake Michigan lake trout. I cut it into 3 slices about 3oz each. Bill and I both had it with the sprouts. The other 3rd will be for the morning while Bill has eggs. Lunch was a salad with tatsoi, some cucumber, orange cherry tomato, a tablespoon of chopped fresh dates and a 1/4 cup of pulled chicken I roasted yesterday. I tried something different and roasted it with Indian spices rubbed into it. Also had a cup of Halwa soup, which wasn’t originally supposed to be soup at all. Halwa Is an Indian dessert also known as carrot pudding. However it did not thicken as I did not use milk or sugar. Instead I used coconut milk, the drinking kind, and no sugar. It’s still tasted really good so I us

Standard Process 21-Days - Day 1

Starting a 21-Day Purification using a Standard Process regime under guidance with my chiropractor. Yes, there are food restrictions for the first 10 days, and then days 11-21 are more relaxed, but a person can eat as many vegetables and fruits as they want, just keeping the ratio 2-1, vegetables and fruit.   Standard Process Food Guide   First an introduction about me since I haven't posted on this blogspace since 2014 when I started the Blogger through Google titled TimePeace. The purpose was to add musings and poetry. Then FaceBook came along with the "Notes." I deactivated the Blogger and started using "Notes" for my poetry, until last year when FaceBook pulled it down. Anyway, I decided to resurrect TimePeace and it will be used for the same purpose I started it for - poetry and other musings, as well as I am going to be adding for the next 21-Days my journey with the Standard Process Purification Program. I love photography , cook healthy and fine

Wednesday- Day 12

Another good night sleep, even though I do remember it storming, I was up once, and I had a very lucid dream before my 4:30 alarm.  Same routine just a different day. I made a double batch of smoothie with only the SP Complete (no need for the additional Whey Pro since I’m now eating fish). To the 2T SP Complete, I added a cup of coconut milk, fresh figs, 1/4 cup fresh dates (that I prepared last night - soaked and pitted) and a 1/4 cup of blueberries (this amount was for 1 smoothie). For breakfast I sautéed two large cloves of garlic, and fresh arugula from farmers market in my cast-iron skillet. This actually is part of a very common breakfast for us as we eat vegetables most mornings. I made enough for two, and Bill had his soft boiled eggs, and I reheated in the skillet the rest of the lake trout from yesterday. Lunch was an easy preparation. Chopped romaine lettuce, topped with seeded cucumber, peaches and chopped basil. The dressing was just extra-virgin olive oil. For lunches at